Each sale, admission, storage, or rental in Florida is taxable, unless the transaction is exempt. Sales tax is added to the price of taxable goods or services and collected from the purchaser at the time of sale. Florida's general state sales tax rate is 6% with the following exceptions: 4% on amusement machine receipts, 5.5% on the lease or license of commercial real property, and 6.95% on electricity.
Use tax is due on the use or consumption of taxable goods or services when sales tax was not paid at the time of purchase.
Exemptions for Sales and Use Tax
- • Manufacturing machinery and equipment
- • Electricity used in the manufacturing process
- • Semiconductor, defense and space technology-based industry transactions involving manufacturing equipment
- • Labor component of research and development expenditures
- • Aircraft parts, modification, maintenance and repair, sale or lease of qualified aircraft
- • Commercial space activity — launch vehicles, payloads and fuel, machinery and equipment for production
- • Labor, parts, and materials used in repair of and incorporated into machinery and equipment
- • Certain boiler fuels (including natural gas) used in the manufacturing process
- • Machinery and equipment used predominantly in research and development
- • Production companies engaged in Florida in the production of motion pictures, made for television motion pictures, television series, commercial advertisements, music videos or sound recordings
For Building Costs please call: Mr. Dana Whippley - 638.6195